Broccoli Poriyal is a very easy mix fry recipe made with broccoli in Indian method. This stir cook goes best with rice combination. Broccoli is believed to be one of the healthiest vegetable with various health advantages.
- 1 bunch Broccoli
- 1/2 finely grated Onion
- 1 Green Chilli
- 2 tbsp grated Coconut
- 1 string Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2 Dry red Chillies
- 2 tbsp urad dal
- Salt to taste
- Wash the entire broccoli and cut it very well. We can also grind it a few times in the food processor.
- Take oil in a frying pan and spit the mustard seeds.
- Add dry red chillies, urad dal and curry leaves together and fries it till the urad dal turns golden brown.
- Mix the chopped onion and green chillies in it and Fry it till the onion sweats.
- Add the thinly chopped broccoli and salt according to the taste.
- The broccoli will turns into dark green in colour and will be partly cooked.
- Add grated coconut in mixture and mix it again and keep it aside.
- Broccoli tastes excellent if it holds its crunchiness.