chicken changezi is roasted chicken cooked with tomato, ginger, garlic, onions, green chilies, fresh coriander (cilantro), spices, and plenty of oil, until it’s packed with spicy flavor and richly red in color.
- 1 Chicken, cut in pieces
- 1 Egg boiled
- 30 gm desi ghee
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 250 gm tomato paste
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- ½ tbsp chilly powder
- ¼ tbsp garam masala
- 80 g amul cream ( or fresh cream )
- ½ tbsp chaat masala
- 2 lemon ( juice)
- 15 g ginger cut in small pieces
- 2 green chillies cut long
- ½ tbsp dried methi leaves (kasoori methi)
- 20-25 makhane ( puffed lotus seeds ) ,fried in ghee
- Salt to taste
- 50 g kaju
- ¼ cup water
- 3 onions cut
- Roast the chicken pieces and keep them aside
- Deep fry onion pieces in ghee and keep aside. Then fry makhane and keep aside.
- Add ghee to a cooking vessel and heat. Add milk, ginger garlic paste, tomato paste, coriander powder, chilly powder, garam masala to the ghee. Let it cook for 10 mins on normal flame.
- Grind the fried onions and kaju with water in a grinder to make a thick paste.
- Add this kaju paste to the cooking vessel along with chaat masala and salt and cook for another 5-7 mins.
- Now add 75 g of cream, methi leaves, 1 green chilly, half of cut ginger, lemon juice and stir.
- Transfer the roasted chicken pieces into the gravy and leave it on low flame for 5-7 mins.
- Later garnish with rest of chillies, ginger pieces, fried makhane and cut boiled egg.
- Chicken Changezi is ready to be served with rice or roti or chapati.
Credits: Khana Khazana