Chicken Kurma is a very easy, simple and a very delicious South Indian kurma. It is a wonderful dish and a superb combination with puri’s and chapattis.
- 1 lb Chicken/Turkey
- 1 chopped Onion
- 2 tbsp Kuskus
- 4 Cashews
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 5-7 Green chilly
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup (grated) Coconut
- 1/2 cup Yogurt (Curd)
- 2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 3 Cardamon
- ¼ tbsp Fennel seeds
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon sticks
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- Chicken Kurma is a very easy, simple and a very delicious South Indian kurma. It is a wonderful dish and a superb combination with puri’s and chapattis.
- Firstly soak kuskus in 1 cup lukewarm water for at least 10 minutes and then crush it with coriander seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies, cashews, cardamom and coconut.
- Take oil in a frying pan then splutter fennel seeds and add the cinnamon, bay leaf and cloves.
- Add chopped onions and fry them till they turn translucent.
- Next include the ginger-garlic paste and cook till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the chicken pieces and sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water, yogurt and salt in it. Cover and cook till the chicken is roughly done.
- At this stage insert the ground paste and add the water required. Check for salt and let the kurma boil for 5 minutes.
- Garnish them with cilantro. This goes very healthy with barotta, aapam and idiyappam.