Coconut Podi is very easy recipe which appears very useful when we cook simple Rasam and curry for a weekend.
- 1 1/2 cups scraped coconut
- 1 cup red chillies whole
- 2 tbsp mustard seeds (raai)
- 1/4 cup black gram split (urad dal)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp asafoetida
- 8 tbsp oil (tel)
- Take oil in pan and fry the coconut till it appears reddish brown color.
- Fry dal, chillies and mustard seeds individually in oil and then remove it from oil.
- Combine all the elements and crush to a coarse powder.
- Store it in a dry place in airtight bottle.