The amazing Curd Idli is an Indian dish. It is a distinction to the staple rice and lentil based idli batter as it has sour curd or dahi combined to the rice and black gram batter along with cooking soda, green chillies and pepper powder.
- 2 cups rice
- 1 cup split black lentils or urad dal
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds or jeera
- 2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp split bengal gram paste or chana dal paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups sour curds (dahi)
- 10 green chillies
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- Firstly soak the dal and rice singly for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and mix the dal with just sufficient water till it smooth consistently.
- Drain and combine the rice with green chillies till it turns smooth.
- Unite both the dal and rice along with sour dahi or curds and salt and mix them well.
- Add the cumin seeds powder, pepper and bengal gram dal on top of the batter and coat and keep it apart for fermenting for minimum 15 to 20 hours.
- Just before cooking idlis, transfer the hot oil and soda and mix it well.
- Pour spoonful of this batter in the lubricated idli moulds and cook in an idli steamer for 15-20 minutes or till it cooked.
- Now serve this delicious food with chutney.