Begun/ Brinjal/ Eggplant/ Aubergine is a popularly used vegetable in Indian cooking. Bengali eggplant fry is a delicious dish that can be served with rice, chapattis or just as a snack.
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 tbsp Chilly powder
- Turmeric powder
- Garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Lemon
- Chop the eggplant into thin rounds.
- Season the eggplant circles with the above seasonings.
- Take oil in a frying pan and shallow fry the eggplant in a griddle.
- Twist the side of eggplant when once side browns.
- When both the sides are browned, remove from griddle and add few drops of lemon juice on top.
- It can be Serve with rice or chapatti.