Health Benefits of Almonds
Almonds are packed with vitamins, minerals, protein and fiber, and are associated with a number of health benefits. Almonds may be eaten on their own, raw or toasted. They are also the ingredients of several different dishes. Almonds are available sliced, flaked, slivered, as a flour, oil, butter, or as almond milk. Here are some of the health benefits of Almonds:
1. They reduce heart attack risk: It is said those who consume nuts five times a week have about a 50 percent reduction in risk of heart attack
2. They lower bad cholesterol: Almonds when are added to diet they have favorable effect on blood cholestrol level.
3. They protects artery walls from damage: Almond skin work in energy with Vitamin E, thus reduce the risk of heart disease.
4. Almonds help build strong bones and teeth.
5. They provide healthy fats and aid in weight loss.
6. Almonds lower the rise in blood sugar and insulin after meals.
7. They help provide good brain function.
8. They nourish the nervous system.
9. They alkalize the body.