Health Benefits of Sweet Potatoes
1. Sweet Potatoes are high in vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 helps reduce the chemical homocysteine in our bodies. Homocysteine has been linked with degenerative diseases, including the prevention of heart attacks.
2. Sweet Potatoes are good source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is important to help ward off cold and flu viruses. Vitamin plays an important role in bone and tooth formation, digestion, and blood cell formation. It heals wound, produces collagen which helps maintain skin’s youthful elasticity.
3. Sweet Potatoes contains Vitamin D which is critical for immune system and overall health. Both a vitamin and a hormone, vitamin D is primarily made in our bodies as a result of getting adequate sunlight. Vitamin D plays an important role in our energy levels, moods, and helps to build healthy bones, heart, nerves, skin, and teeth, and it supports the thyroid gland.
4. Sweet potatoes contain Iron. Iron provides energy to body, and plays imporatant roles in our body, which includes red and white blood cell production, resistance to stress, proper immune functioning, and the metabolizing of proteins.
5. Sweet potatoes are a good source of magnesium, which is the relaxation and anti-stress mineral. Magnesium is necessary for healthy artery, blood, bone, heart, muscle, and nerve function.
6. Sweet Potatoes are a source of potassium, that regulates heartbeat and nerve signals. Potassium helps in relaxing muscle contractions, reducing swelling, and protecting and controlling the activity of the kidneys.
7. Sweet potatoes are naturally sweet-tasting but their natural sugars are slowly released into the bloodstream, to helps with regular and balanced source of energy.