Home Remedies for Constipation
Constipation is a condition that can cause the person suffering from it a lot of trauma. There are some home remedies to relieve the discomfort. Here are a few of them that can work wonders:
1. Triphala powder or Triphala Churna: The churna consists of three fruits – Amla or Indian gooseberry ,Haritaki (Chebulic Myrobalan) and Vibhitaki (Bellirica Myrobalan). It helps to regulate digestion and bowel movements. You can either have one teaspoon with warm water or mix the powder with honey. Have it before going to bed or early in the morning on an empty stomach can relieve constipation immediately.
2. Raisins (kishmish): They are packed with fiber and act as great natural laxatives. Soak a handful in water overnight and have them empty stomach in the morning. This remedy will also work for pregnant woman, without the side effects. Raisins are energy boosters than energy bars, so using them not only gives your health a boost it also relieves constipation.
3. Guavas (amrood or peru): It has soluble fibre in the pulp and insoluble fiber content in the seeds. They also help with the mucus production in the anus and with peristalsis. Guavas are also a natural way to boost your immunity and relieves constipation.
4. Lemon (Nimbu) juice: It is mostly recommended by Ayurvedic practitioners as a quick and simple remedy for constipation. Take a warm glass of water with lemon and salt,in the morning as it acts as a cleansing agent for the intestine. Salt helps in easy passage of stool. Mix one teaspoon of lemon juice in a glass of warm water. Add a pinch of salt to the solution. Drink this juice on an empty stomach to relieve constipation.
5. Figs (Anjeer): Figs can be eaten either dried or ripe. They are packed with fiber and act as a great natural laxative. To get relieve from the constipation all you need to do is boil a few figs in a glass of milk, drink this mixture at night before bed. Make sure the mixture is warm when you drink it.
6. Flax seeds (Alsi): They are known for their fiber content. They can cure the problem of constipation. Mix flax seeds in your cereal every morning or just have a handful with warm water early in the morning. Fiber is an essential addition to your diet, not only does it neat constipation it also keeps hypertension at bay, fights diabetes, staves off heart disease, fights off obesity and can reduce your risk of suffering from cancer.
7. Castor oil (Arandi ka tel): The oil is a shot remedy for constipation. It has properties that can kill intestinal worms. If you don’t like drinking a spoon of castor oil alone then add a tablespoon of it in a warm glass of milk. Have this mixture at night before bed to relieve constipation.
8. Spinach (Palak): They have properties that cleanse, rebuild and renew the intestinal tract . Drink 100 ml of spinach juice mixed with an equal quantity of water twice daily. This home remedy is the most effective method to cure even the most stubborn cases of constipation.
9. Oranges: They have Vitamin C as well as has large amount of fiber content. Eating two oranges every day, once in the morning and once in the evening can provide great relief from constipation.