Kalakand is very traditional and luscious Indian dessert which is made with whole milk, variant of a burfee spongy and gritty in texture. This is delicious sweet dish which can be serving at any festival time.
- 8 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice for paneer
- 1 tablespoon sliced pistachio or almonds for decorating
- Take a ¼ cup of hot water and Mix lemon juice in it.
- Cook the 4 cups of milk in a deep based pan over average heat and blending it continuously but make sure that milk should not be burn.
- When milk becomes boiling then adds the lemon juice slowly and mix the milk softly.
- The curd will begin separating from the milk. Now turn off the heat.
- When the milk fat has alienated from the whey, drain the whey using a filter line with muslin cloth.
- After removing all the water from clothes, it will convert into Paneer.
- Heat the remaining 4 cup of the milk in a deep bottom pan on average heat until the milk decreases into two cups.
- Making sure that the milk should be mix gently because it can be burns in the bottom of the pan.
- Combine paneer and milk together and keep mixing it till the fusion thickness and form spongy dough uniformity.
- Add sugar in the mixture and stirring until it become soft lump and set to leave the pan from sides.
- Transfer it over smeared plate keeping about half inch thick.
- Let it chill or cool for about an hour.
- Cut it in squares.