Onion rings is an amazing Indian food recipe of crunchy onions. This is a genuine recipe from a previous employee of a famous drive-in restaurant. Here is a the recipe of crispy covered onion rings.
- 1 Onion
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all purpose flour or Maida
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- Firstly peel the onion and cut into 1/4 inch broad parts and convert it into rings.
- Soak the rings of onions in buttermilk for minimum 30 minutes.
- Unite all the elements under “batter” and keep it in a bowl.
- Take oil in a frying pan and deep pot for frying.
- Take some onion rings at a time from the buttermilk, coat it with the flour mixture and fry it.
- Drain excess oil using a paper towel.