Paneer Kheer with Strawberry
Paneer Kheer with Strawberry is a delightful dessert. This Paneer and strawberry dessert is a sure winner especially when you want to serve a unique paneer delicacy.
- 2-1/4 cup whole milk
- 1-1/2 cup shredded paneer
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch (arrowroot)
Strawberry Topping for Garnishing:
- 1 cup chopped strawberry
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch (arrowroot)
- Few drops of lemon juice
- In a small bowl mix the corn starch with 1/4 cup of milk and set aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan boil 2 cups of milk over medium high heat. Wet inside of the pan with water and put about 2 tablespoons of water before pouring the milk in a pan this prevents the burning of the milk in bottom of the pan. Stir the milk occasionally.
- After milk comes to boil reduce the heat to medium and let it boil for about 10-12 minutes.
- Add the corn starch and mix it well, there should no lumps, after milk comes to boil let it boil for additional 2-3 minutes
- Add the sugar and shredded paneer stir and let it boil for 4-5 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Paneer Kheer should have consistency of a thick batter. This should be chilled before serving.
- In a small bowl mix corn starch with about 1 tablespoons of water and set aside.
- In a small pan cook strawberry and sugar together mix it and let it come to boil. Add corn starch; mix it well after it comes to boil turn off the heat. Strawberry topping is ready. This also should be chilled before using.
Credits: Manjulas kitchen