Pepper Chicken Chettinad
Chettinad pepper chicken is a delicious,hot and spicy dry chicken recipe cooked in aromatic spice blend featuring the uniqueness of Chettinad dishes. This dish is a great feast for all spice lovers.
- Cut chicken – 2 lbs
- Whole Garam Masala – (Cloves, Cardomom – 2 pieces each, Cinnamon, Bay Leaf – 1 piece each)
- Mustard,Cumin Seeds – little for tempering
- Curry leaves -2 strands
- Onion -2 Chopped
- Green chillies – 2 Chopped
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Crushed peppercorns – 1 tblsp (preferably freshly crushed)
- Tomatoes -2 Diced
- Coriander powde -2 tsp
- Cumin powder -1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste -1tblsp
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Heat oil in a deep vessel.
- Add the tempering mustard,cumin.
- After it splutters add whole garam masala.
- Add chopped onions and saute until golden brown.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste,green chillies andcurry leaves.
- Saute everything for 5 mins.
- Add tomatoes and saute it until it becomes a gravy.
- Add chilli powder,coriander powder,cumin powder.
- Saute everything for 10 mins in medium heat.
- When oil comes out its the correct consistency
- Now add chicken, little water and cover and cook.
- After its cooked add the crushed pepper powder and check for seasoning.
- To garnish add chopped coriander leaves. You can also add chunks of capsicum.
Credits: Simple Indian Recipes